Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My thoughts on "Pyramid"

The "Pyramid" series is my FAVORITE game show of all time! Why? It is the perfect sense of hard game play and fun. It's easy to play along with if you're sitting at home, especially with a friend of 3. It's difficult enough to be challenging, but good enough to eventually master. Dick Clark was the PERFECT host for the show. Even when the BEST game show host ever (Bill Cullen) hosted the show, it wasn't better than Dick Clark. He's a professional already and his charm and professionalism was evident in the "Pyramid" series. Once "The $100,000 Pyramid" series began and ran, it was literally the best of the best of "Pyramid". There were a plethora perfect score games. A plethora of wins were recorded. And a huge audience followed. Even with the montrosity of the Donny Osmond version named simply "Pyramid", I found myself watching. Yes...$10,000 was NOT a lot in terms of game shows anymore in 2002 (ever wonder why they didn't have a dollar value in the title for this version???), but even with such innovative things as the 6 out of 6 change and the Super Six bonuses, this version still had my attention. I DEFINITELY think a "$250,000 Pyramid" would be a nice addition to any primetime schedule. I LOVE that show!!!

Kevin $




















No comments:

Post a Comment